The IRM web site
Web site purpose
The IRM Web site provides pages on a range of topics:
IRM also provides some actual datasets that are useful to our audience,
that are not available otherwise, and that are appropriate
for publication by IRM.
- Data documentation, description and tips; help for data users.
about IRM, its staff, methods and services.
- Pointers to other resources at other sites.
- Query forms, indexes and other search tools to help the user
find these materials.
- The source code or methods that we use to generate IRM documents,
IRM's Web site focuses on supporting administrative functions
at the University of Colorado.
Web site elements
In designing and developing our Web site, we try to think of the
Web as a system that includes all of the following elements:
- The documents themselves, which are sometimes very complex
entities in and of themselves. (See "How we think of Web
- The Web
server, which is managed and supported by UMS.
- Web document users and their
desk-top resources. For some documents, users could be
anywhere in the world; some documents are restricted to the
University of Colorado.
- Training and experience of Web users
(including their knowledge
of resource availability, their search strategies, and the verbal
context that they bring to the transaction).
- Management of the whole authoring, delivery and maintenance
process, which this web manual attempts to describe and codify.