Copyright Web Resources
The following list of links are grouped into categories for your convenience.
Copyright at University of Colorado
- Technology Transfer & Industry Outreach Home Page
- Contains the University of Colorado at Boulder
policy on copyrights, patents, and intellectual property. The
"Copyright Primer" section contains a brief introduction to copyright laws.
- University E-mail Policy
- The University of Colorado's E-mail policy.
Copyright at other Universities
- Copyright and Fair Use: A Guide for the Harvard Community.
- A very comprehensive question and answer-type document
from Harvard University.
- U.S. COPYRIGHT LAW MENU
- University of Arizona's comprehensive guide to the copyright laws.
Includes the following topics: Copyright Basics, Fair Use, and Issues of Authorship and Ownership.
- Copyright Law and Fair Use
- Stanford University's brief introduction to
copyright laws in an academic setting.
- Resources for UM Intellectual Property Policy
- University of Minnesota's list of resources on
Intellectual Property law.
- Fair Use of Copyrighted Works
- The electronic version of Fair Use of Copyrighted Works, a pamphlet
published by CETUS(Consortium for
Educational Technology for University Systems, which is comprised of California State University,
State University of New York, and the City University of New York).
This provides more insight on the law as well as the role of
- Online Resources: Copyright and Universities
- A collection of links to several University
copyright policies. Created by Association of American Universities.
Good Summary Sites
- The Copyright Website
- A very complete source of information on copyrights,
covering all levels of information from an introduction to beginners to
thorough coverage of the law.
- Cyberspace Law for Non-Lawyers
- A very simple, brief introduction to the copyright law surrounding any kind of electronic communication. A great place for beginners to start.
- 10 Big Myths about copyright explained
- Ten questions and answers attempt to answer common
myths about copyright.
Law Search Engines
- FindLaw: Internet Legal Resources
- FindLaw - LawCrawler
- Intellectual Property Resources
- Another listing of resources on copyrights.
- A COPYRIGHT LAW RESOURCE CENTER FOR WRITERS
- A listing of links to educate the writer on
copyright law and how to obtain a copyright.
- Harvard Journal of Law & Technology
- A Harvard Law School journal, the Harvard Journal of Law & Technology
(JOLT) provides insight into the legal implications of emerging technologies.